4 major factors:
1. LED is an electrostatic sensitive component. If you do not take anti-static measures when repairing the LED strip, it will burn out the LED and cause waste. Of course, the life of LED strips is not guaranteed;
2. The poor toughness of the copper wire or flexible circuit board of the LED light strip will cause the LED light strip to break when bent, and will also affect the life of the LED light strip;
3. Power supply factor, LED light strip is generally powered by constant voltage power supply (DC switching power supply). If the output of the power supply is unstable or there is no surge protection, it will output unstable voltage when the external network voltage fluctuates. The current causes the LED strip to work under non-standard voltage and will also affect its service life;
4. Since the LED is a constant current component, the LED lamp produced by different manufacturers has a constant current effect, and of course the life is different.
LED light belt repair precautions
1. Anti-static: Because LED is a static-sensitive component, if you do not take anti-static measures when repairing LED strips, it will burn out the LED and cause waste. It should be noted here that the soldering iron must use an anti-static soldering iron, and maintenance personnel must also take anti-static measures (such as wearing static rings and anti-static gloves).
2, continuous high temperature: LED light strip two important components of LED and FPC, are products that can not continue to withstand high temperatures. If the FPC continues to heat up or exceeds its temperature, it will cause the FPC's cover film to foam, which will directly cause the LED lamp to be scrapped. At the same time, the LED can not continue to withstand high temperatures, and the chip will be burned at a high temperature for a long time under high temperature. Therefore, the soldering iron used in the maintenance of the LED strip must use a temperature-controlled soldering iron to limit the temperature to a range, and it is forbidden to change and set it at will. In addition, even so, it is necessary to pay attention to the soldering iron not to stay in the LED pin for more than 10 seconds during maintenance. If this time is exceeded, it is likely to burn out the LED chip.
3, short circuit: Many LED lights are bad because there is a short circuit at the foot, you must find out the real bad cause before maintenance. Otherwise, after rushing to replace the defective LED, the chip of the LED will continue to be broken by the short-circuit current when the power is turned on again. Therefore, before replacing a new LED, we must first find out the real cause of the problem, and the right medicine can do more with less.